This course will address: professionalism, legal aspects, classroom management, and strategies to successfully serve as a substitute or guest teacher. This course is designed to meet the three-hour training requirement described in Administrative Rules of Montana 10.55.716.
Created by the Northwest Montana Co-Op and Colet Bartow (OPI)
|Self-paced||3 Hours||Substitute Teachers|
|User Ratings: 4.3||
"Thank you so much for all the resources!" -Substitute, Missoula, MT
- Facilitator: Colet Bartow
This two-part series (ELA and Math) has been developed by and for Montana paraprofessionals and provides participants with important skills in classroom management as well as proven strategies in reading, writing, and math instruction, taught in a dynamic and fun setting. A nationally developed assessment is built directly into the course, assuring that paraprofessionals who take the course can demonstrate evidence of content mastery to their local districts and the state of Montana.
Course materials were developed by MEA-MFT and the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). A team of highly trained paraprofessional educators from throughout the state are responsible for teaching the course. Participants will be trained on how to use the online learning platform.
- ELA: February 26th - April 7th
- Math: April 9th - May 12th
- access to a computer
- active email account
Who should attend:
- Any paraprofessional who wants to gain new skills and capacity for helping students.
- Any paraprofessional who still needs to be deemed “highly qualified” in accordance with Title I requirements. (Check with your local school district or union rep if you are unsure if you are affected by these requirements and to assure that PASS is recognized by your district).
How to Register:
- Use this link to register then you will receive an enrollment key and instructions to access the course.
- Registration closes Feb 16th
- Pre-Registration is required. $100 for MEA-MFT members and $150 for non-members.
- For more information, contact Marco Ferro or Jami Wood at MEA-MFT 1-800-398-0826