This 3-week course is designed to address K-5 algebraic thinking standards. Participants in this module will examine learning progressions in Algebraic Thinking with a focus on foundational ideas that promote algebraic understanding. Specific goals include the following:
- Recognize that addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division operate under the same properties in algebra as they do in arithmetic
- Learn variables are tools that are used to describe mathematical ideas in a variety of ways
- Develop strategies for describing relationships among quantities to determine equivalence or inequalities
- This module runs from March 19th to April 6th
- 15 renewal units
- Enrollment is open from Feb 26th - March 19th or until the course is full.
- To join: click on the course name, then the enroll me button