In this 3-week module we will examine how the concept of proportionality is related to the study of linear equations. We will explore Montana’s Common Core Standards for Probability and Statistics in the 8th grade, focusing on the study of bivariate data. Finally, we will extend our investigation to a study of functions using time versus distance as a context. Specific goals and activities include the following:
- Examine student work and create activities to strengthen students’ understanding of linearity and proportion.
- Use GeoGebra (free, downloadable software) to “dive into data” and ultimately create a standards-based lesson for probability and statistics.
- Study, create, and compare three principal representations of functions.
- This module runs from March 19th - April 6th
- 15 renewal units
- Enrollment is open from Feb 26th - March 19th or until the course is full.
- To join: click on the course name, then the enroll me button