Summer 'Slummin' is Comin' to a Close!
But we've got you covered with NINE Facilitated course offerings! Enrollment opens on August 22 for these fall professional development opportunities!
- Instructional Teamwork for Paraeducators---20 RU's---9/12 - 10/9
- STREAM: Mathematical Practices (K-8)---15 RU's---9/12 - 10/3 *
- Google Workspace Advanced (formerly called Google Suite Advanced)---20 RU's---9/13 - 10/24 *
- Number Sense Routines (K-8)---9 RU's---9/12 - 10/3 *
- Preparing Young Writers for College, Career, and Community---15 RU's---9/13 - 10/22
- Student-Created Digital Portfolios---15 RU's---9/13 - 10/10
- 3D in Your Classroom---24 RU's---9/19 - 10/30 *
- Paraprofessionals Achieving Standards Successfully: Reading---9/27 - 11/7
- Novice Special Education Training---16---9/27 - 11/14 *
*Courses marked with an asterisk may just be wrapping up or not yet quite complete from a June or July run and will not be reset until the current run is completed. When you click to seek information about them, the dates you will see may reflect the dates of the course session running at the moment. Dates for the above runs will all be updated as quickly as possible once the current runs are complete.
A Patio, PC, and Preparing for Pupils with Powerful Professional Development!
Summer is quickly winding down and all Montana educators are turning their thoughts to being back in the classroom--Check out this self-paced potpourri of professional development possibilities for some end-of-the-summer patio time and don't forget the ice tea or lemonade to beat the heat as you gear up for the start of a great new school year!
- Supporting Readers with Informational Text---5 RU's
- Using Writing to Teach Critical Thinking---1 RU
- Reading Between the Lines: Close Reading Strategies for Secondary Schools---3 RU's
- Sustainable Self-care---3 RU's
- But What About Fact Fluency?---2 RU's
- Practical Strategies for Using Technology to Assist Notetaking---1RU
- Welcome to Our School! An Introduction for Substitute/Guest Teachers
Quick Tips and Resources:
- How to Unenroll Yourself From a Course
- Renewal certificates! Be sure to download and save all course completion certificates to your computer directly upon completion of the course. We also suggest printing a hard copy, as well, to store in a safe place for easy reference when you need it!
- Plan ahead for summer and fall professional learning! July 2021 - June 2022 calendar of facilitated courses are available! Don't forget to mark your personal calendar for all upcoming courses you would like to enroll in! They fill quickly!
- 2021 Summer Learning & Enrichment: State Guidance for District and School Leaders document which is based on leading research and evidence-based best practices for summer learning! Also, take a peek at the Quick Start Summary Page and The Montana OPI Summer Learning Page for terrific support in your summer learning adventures!
Thank you to all Montana's Firefighters---Be Safe!
Additional professional learning opportunities?
Where to enter your units to renew your license?
Go to OPI's Montana State Educator Information System (MSEIS).
Information about your Montana Educator's License?
Visit the OPI Licensure site.