Facilitated Courses Running in July! Enrollment opens on June 20th!
All of the facilitated courses that are running in June filled to capacity early, so please enroll soon so you don't miss out on the following July renewal units! Registration opens June 20th for all but one!
- Novice Special Education Teacher Training --- 16 RU's --- 6/28 - 8/22 Registration opens on 6/7/21 for this course.
- STREAM: Mathematical Practices (K-8) --- 15 RU's --- 7/11 - 8/1
- STREAM: Mathematical Practices (HS) --- 15 RU's --- 7/11 - 8/1
- Number Sense Routines (K-8) --- 9 RU's --- 7/11 - 8/1
- Google Suite Advanced (3 week condensed) --- 20 RU's --- 7/12 - 8/14
- Crosscutting Concepts: Making Learning Real --- 20 RU's --- 7/18 - 8/14
Grow Your Best Professional Self with Great Self-paced Professional Development!
New self-paced courses are continually opening on the Teacher Learning Hub! Check out all of our courses at any time on our course list which is always accessible on the Hub homepage.
- Intro to Rural and Tribal Counselor Ethics (3 RU's) Just opened!
- Indian Ed & Math Seamless Integration (2 RU’s)
- High-Leverage Practices Spotlight (2 RU's ) What are High Leverage Practices? Check out this HLP link!
Summer Learning Fun Has Just Begun!
Last month, OPI Standards, Instruction, and Professional Learning (SIPL) shared some key considerations in establishing a positive and successful summer learning program! Districts that now have a summer program in place, and ready to roll, want to be certain that their program is highly successful! It is important that students are looking forward to attending and that each individual’s learning needs are being met by the outstanding summer educators they have put in place! Regular attendance is key! You can’t learn if you are not present. If the program is engaging, students won’t want to miss out! We continue where we left off last month with some great additional tips for summer learning program success!
- Reach out to families proactively and invite them to summer learning. This may in turn remove potential obstacles to students who may need to attend or perhaps didn’t think about registering.
- Implement a broad range of activities that include music, the arts, local culture, field studies/trips.
- Provide a positive climate and nurture strong, healthy, relationships between students and staff.
- Be aware---are the kids smiling? Are they greeted warmly? Are there high fives? If the students are enjoying it, they will WANT to come back each day!
- Make it appealing for teachers too! Smaller class sizes, great professional development in preparation for implementation, half-day workday, or perhaps the opportunity to only teach one subject consistently.
- Planning and preparedness for meeting each student “where they are at” are important for gains in individual student achievement.
- Maintain realistic expectations for student progress. All students will make gains. A well-run program will be beneficial in numerous ways. Just being able to re-engage in 'real' school academically and socially is of huge benefit as is giving exhausted parents a “break”!
We hope all of you have had a chance to check out the 2021 Summer Learning & Enrichment: State Guidance for District and School Leaders document which is based on leading research and evidence-based best practices for summer learning! Also, take a peek at the Quick Start Summary Page and The Montana OPI Summer Learning Page for terrific support in your summer learning adventures!
Quick Tips and Resources:
- This is prime time for licensure renewals! Be sure to download and save all course completion certificates to your computer directly upon completion of the course. We also suggest printing a hard copy, as well, to store in a safe place for easy reference when you need it!
- July 2021 - June 2022 calendar of facilitated courses is available! Don't forget to mark your personal calendar for all upcoming courses you would like to enroll! Remember-- these courses fill up quickly so if you have their enrollment dates noted--you can be sure you won't miss out!
- New Standards July 2021: View Slides and/or View Webinar Recording (48:14)
Summer--- the only season where laziness finds respectability! Enjoy yours!
Additional professional learning opportunities?
Where to enter your units to renew your license?
Go to OPI's Montana State Educator Information System (MSEIS).
Information about your Montana Educator's License?
Visit the OPI Licensure site.