Learning Hub Forces Bring May Courses!
New courses are continually opening on the Teacher Learning Hub and you are welcome to check them out at any time on our course list which is always accessible on the Hub homepage. Newly opened courses are marked with the word ‘New!’ in red text at the end of the course title. Below are the most recent self-paced additions we have for you as you pursue convenient and purposeful online professional development!
- Community-Based Crisis Interventions for Rural/Tribal Schools (3 RU’s)
- Growth Mindset (2 RU’s)
- General Education Teachers’ Role in Special Education (2 RU’s)
Mayday! Mayday! Incoming Courses!
Looking for a little more structure to keep you on track and rolling to completion? The following facilitated courses allow you plenty of autonomy but also have specific timelines for completion to pace you through to the end and download that renewal unit certificate! Enrollment opens May 16th for all! Mark your calendars! (Renewal units and run dates are listed after each course title)
- STREAM: Measurement (K-3) --- 15 RU’s --- Runs 6/6 - 6/27/2021
- STREAM: Fraction Models and Operations (3-5) --- 15 RU’s --- 6/6 - 6/27/2021
- 3D Learning in Your Classroom --- 24 RU’s --- 6/6 - 7/17/2021
- Preparing Young Writers for College, Career, and Community --- 15 RU’s --- 6/14 - 7/25/2021
Yearning for Summer Learning?
Summer Learning programs will most likely be on the docket for many schools this year! Before those can be successful, they must be viewed as a positive experience by everyone in the summer learning community, especially the students, their families, and of course--the summer learning staff! What are the best ways to assist in developing a ‘can do’, ‘can’t wait to go and grow’ oriented mindset for this endeavor? Here are some great educator generated suggestions that may be of interest to you:
- Conduct early, robust planning and develop a clear, positive message around the summer learning program.
- Include enrichment activities as well as academics. Don’t forget the arts, sports, and science exploration. This attracts students and improves attendance!
- Recruit your school or district’s most highly effective teachers and provide the professional development to support them prior to the start of the program.
- Focus on consistent blocks of time (4 hours max. daily) over one 5-6 week period.
- Utilize a high-quality curriculum that aligns with standards and students’ individual needs.
- Serve students in small classes or groups (5 - 15)
- High quality, staff-to-student interaction is what ultimately determines student enjoyment of each summer learning day!
We encourage all of you to check out the 2021 Summer Learning & Enrichment: State Guidance for District and School Leaders document which is based on leading research and evidence-based best practices for summer learning as well as the Quick Start Summary Page and The Montana OPI Summer Learning Page for great support in your summer learning adventures!
Quick Tips and Resources:
- Renewal Unit Certificates: Always be sure to download and save all course completion certificates to your computer directly upon completion of the course. We also suggest printing a hard copy, as well, to store in a safe place for easy reference.
- July 2021 - June 2022 calendar of facilitated courses and MARK your personal calendar for all of the courses you would like to enroll! Remember-- these courses fill up quickly so if you have their enrollment dates noted--you can be sure you won't miss out!
- New Standards July 2021:View Slides and/or View Webinar Recording (48:14)
Invest in Yourself and Your Success with Great Professional Development Opportunities!
Additional professional learning opportunities?
Where to enter your units to renew your license?
Go to OPI's Montana State Educator Information System (MSEIS).
Information about your Montana Educator's License?
Visit the OPI Licensure site.