Information for School Administrators
Planning Professional Development
Don't forget to include Hub courses in your District's required annual professional development plan (see ARM 10.55.714). This is especially important if you plan to accept alternatives to the annual October professional development days.
If your District's professional development plan required all staff to takes specific courses on the Learning Hub, every educator will need to individually create an account and enroll in those courses. Use our Teacher Learning Hub Starter Guide to help streamline the process for your staff.
View our course list, catalog, and calendar to help you and your staff identify courses.
Getting Your Staff Involved in the Hub
- Self-paced courses: These courses can be completed on an individual's own time or during scheduled PIR days.
- Facilitated courses: These courses start and end on specific dates. Educators can only enroll in these courses when they are scheduled. Be aware of how these courses fit into your professional development plan and school calendar.
Things to Consider
- Confirmation emails: When users create a new account, a confirmation email is sent. This is sometimes blocked by Spam blockers. We recommend that you test this out before having an entire staff create accounts. If these emails are being blocked, reach out using the 'Help' button or give us a call. We can help users confirm their accounts.
- YouTube: Many of our courses include YouTube videos. If your internet filters block YouTube, your teachers will likely struggle to complete certain courses. We recommend testing this out in advance.
- Tracking Course Completions: It is the responsibility of the individual educator to report course completions to you, as represented by an OPI renewal unit certificate. The Hub staff cannot directly release course completion information to anyone other than the individual account holder.
- Grading: All facilitated courses will have grades, but some of our self-paced courses do as well. If you assign all your staff to complete a self-paced course in a short time period, you may want to check first to see if there is a graded component. If so, then allow for an extra 2-3 business days for the course facilitator to do the grading.
- Pay scale advancement: If your district intends to recognize Hub courses for salary advancement we recommend that you communicate this well in advance with your staff. You may need to address this in your local contract and in your district's professional development plan.
- All staff: We have courses suitable for all educators. including paraprofessionals, substitutes, trustees, and anyone who works in and around schools.
- CSIP: Include your staff's usage of the Hub in your annual Continuous School Improvement Plan.
- See our FAQ page for other common questions your staff may have.